Considering Moving to Mountain House?
Let’s face it, living in the Bay Area we are all constantly struggling with one major topic – HOUSING! There is a lot to consider when considering moving and many unknowns, for example:
1. Should I continue renting?
2. Should I buy a place? What if I am not all cash, can I compete?
3. Can I even afford leaving my rent controlled apartment?
4. Where can I actually afford a home?
5. Does the area I can afford have good schools?
So where does one begin? My suggestion, weigh out the pros and cons in order of importance to you. This list of course will differ from person to person; however, knowing what is important for you is the most important first step. Also consult local real estate professionals to help guide this process.
As a Mountain House specialist, here is my Mountain House list:
1. Strong public schools – API’s: 850-910
2. Roughly 1 hour from San Francisco, San Jose & Sacramento
4. Brand new & newer resale homes (2003 – present)
5. Strong sense of community
6. Family oriented community
1. Rush hour commute is heavy
2. Commercial stores are not built yet
For many families, the pros outweigh the cons for moving to Mountain House. My personal feeling is Mountain House is a wonderful city to consider moving your family to.
If you have any questions, or would like more information about Mountain House, feel free to contact me directly: (925) 605-6965 or Aeri@CaPropertyExperts.com. I look forward to helping you refine your list.